AVCS Board of Education - Responsibilities
The AuSable Valley Central School District believes that it is the responsibility of the Board of Education and staff to empower all students to reach their highest potential by:
- Upholding standards of academic performance defined by New York State as the minimum competencies required of all students for promotion to the next educational level.
- Establishing policies and allocating resources to promote basic skills acquisition and to foster mastery beyond minimal competency levels.
- Motivating and providing the means that enable students to exceed mandated standards and to strive for academic, personal, and social excellence.
- Establishing, modeling, and upholding standards of personal behavior and community responsibility for all students.
- Articulating a K-12 curriculum that builds upon prior learning and forms a continuous educational experience.
- Using district enrollment and the articulated curriculum to form the foundation for all management decisions within the district.
- Implementing ways to strengthen the curriculum by including innovations and new technologies that enhance education and workforce preparation.
- Actively creating educational partnerships with parents, community members, businesses, and local agencies.
- Supporting the spirit and process of shared decision making.
- Routinely reviewing and amending, when necessary, policies, procedures, programs, and services to continually improve the educational process