The mission of the AuSable Valley Central School District is to prepare all AVCS students for the demands and challenges of life. The staff of the district takes responsibility to achieve this goal, in cooperation with students, parents, and community.
The vision of the AuSable Valley Central School District is to ensure that every AuSable Valley graduate possesses skills for career and life long learning.
The AuSable Valley Central School District believes that it is the responsibility of the Board of Education and staff to empower all students to reach their highest potential by:
- Upholding standards of academic performance defined by New York State as the minimum competencies required of all students for promotion to the next educational level.
- Establishing policies and allocating resources to promote basic skills acquisition and to foster mastery beyond minimal competency levels.
- Motivating and providing the means that enable students to exceed mandated standards and to strive for academic, personal, and social excellence.
- Establishing, modeling, and upholding standards of personal behavior and community responsibility for all students.
- Articulating a K-12 curriculum that builds upon prior learning and forms a continuous educational experience.
- Using district enrollment and the articulated curriculum to form the foundation for all management decisions within the district.
- Implementing ways to strengthen the curriculum by including innovations and new technologies that enhance education and workforce preparation.
- Actively creating educational partnerships with parents, community members, businesses, and local agencies.
- Supporting the spirit and process of shared decision making.
- Routinely reviewing and amending, when necessary, policies, procedures, programs, and services to continually improve the educational process