Enroll a New Student in AuSable Valley Middle School or High School
For students in Grades 7-12, contact the MS-HS Counseling Office at 518-834-2800 ext.3731 to make an appointment to register your child.
AuSable Valley Middle School-High School Transfer/Transient Student Entrance Procedure
The following documents need to be completed prior to entrance into AuSable Valley Central School District.
- Entrance Form & Home Language Questionnaire – Please complete this form with all information
- Proof of District Residency Form – You must provide documentation showing proof of district residency (utility or tax bill, driver’s license, lease, etc. showing the physical address)
- Health Requirements for Admission
– Acknowledgement of Admission Requirements
– Proof of Immunization Records
- Free/Reduced Lunch Application- If applicable
- Health History
- Email Notification – Complete if wish to receive emailed notifications
- Document Review/Permission Slip – This form is to be signed by both parent and student that the District’s Attendance Policy, Code of Conduct and Student Handbook were reviewed, and also for permission for photographs/videos, and military recruiters.
- Computer/Internet Access – Must be signed by both parent and student for access to school computers.
- Custody/Legal Guardianship – Must provide any Custody/Guardianship Orders stating who has Sole/Joint/Physical custody of child(ren)
- Provide copy of birth certificate
After all documents have been completed the following protocol is established.
The Director of Counseling will review any residency or custodial issues to get cleared from Superintendent.
Records will be requested from previous school.
Once records are received counselor will review and schedule student – If there is an IEP the Director of CSE will need to first review IEP before entrance..
Parent will receive call for start date with bus information.
District Office Quick Links
- District Office Home
- Superintendent’s Message
- Board of Education
- School Tax Information
- Enroll a Student
- District Faculty and Staff Directory
- Press Releases and Newsletters
- AVCS In the News
- School Closings
- Capital Projects